Cell Therapies is currently recruiting at ISCT 2015
Cell Therapy Specialist (Gene Modified T-cell Immunotherapies)
Melbourne, Australia One Full Time Position
Exciting opportunities in the hottest field of cell based therapies today. Asia Pacific’s leading manufacturer of cell based therapeutics – the essential infrastructure needed to bring these therapies to market. Growing pipeline of projects in the hottest part of the field – working with several of the leading companies in the field.
Cell Therapies Pty Ltd (CTPL) (www.celltherapies.com.au) is leading the provision of cGMP manufacturing and distribution infrastructure for cell based therapies in the Asia Pacific region. CTPL provides contract translation and clinical trial manufacturing services to product development companies, and then supports commercialisation in the region via in-licensing and marketing or further contract manufacturing and distribution.
Our expertise, developed since 2001, is “needle-to-needle” ensuring complete product security and control and includes collection management (especially apheresis), cryopreservation, cell processing, distribution and marketing. CTPL operates cell processing facilities at our home base at The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (Peter Mac – our parent) in Melbourne and the CRC for Cell Therapy Manufacturing in Adelaide, with additional facilities planned to expand our capacity at least four-fold in the near future in both Australia and South East Asia.
CTPL has held numerous cGMP manufacturing licenses with Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration and is proud to be working with some of the world’s leading stem cell companies. Our product and project pipeline includes regenerative medicine (musculo-skeletal repair), immunotherapy (including T-cells and antigen presenting cell therapies for cancer and infectious diseases) and gene therapies.
Growth of our business and expansion of our project pipeline in the areas of gene therapy and T-cell immunotherapies has created opportunities for enthusiastic and experienced cell therapy specialists excited by the potential to bring breakthrough therapies to market.
Cell Therapy Specialists report to the CSO and are responsible for the provision of subject matter expertise and project leadership/management during the introduction and optimization of new cellular therapy manufacturing processes to all Cell Therapies facilities, including but not limited to:
- Providing advanced technical content input for selected proposals and projects within relevant fields of subject matter expertise including
- Technology transfer into (or out of) Cell Therapies facilities from (or to) international manufacturing locations;
- Process development, optimization or validation
- Clinical trial manufacturing and commercial production at scale
- Leading and managing assigned cellular therapy projects within relevant fields of subject matter expertise
Cell Therapy Specialists will participate in diverse project teams and for specific projects will be accountable for leading project delivery. Projects range from process development and technology transfer of novel human cell-based therapies to facility expansions, strategic alliance management and major change programs. Project teams will range from individual technical experts to large cross-functional teams spanning the entire organisation and external providers including clients, clinicians, CRO’s, etc. Clients may require consulting services or contract manufacturing for clinical trials through to commercial manufacturing and distribution under license of cellular and tissue therapy products. All operations are conducted under cGMP conditions.
CTPL is seeking two advanced cellular therapy practitioners with deep subject matter expertise in the manufacturing of gene modified and T-cell immunotherapies to join our growing team in Melbourne. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate results and impact through:
- Appropriate qualifications or equivalent in a relevant discipline with specific demonstrable expertise in at least one or more of: cellular immunology, gene therapy, transplantation medicine.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in cellular immunotherapy or gene therapy, with specific expertise in human patient cell therapy in one or more of the following: developing and managing therapeutic grade viral vectors for human use, viral or non-viral gene transfer, T-cell or antigen presenting cells for cancer or infectious disease immunotherapy, stem cell expansion for regenerative medicine or cancer therapy, advanced cell therapy product characterization.
- Proven experience in the manufacture of gene or immunotherapy cell therapy products under cGMP conditions using scalable processes and equipment
- Skills and experience in working with, developing and managing scientific and technical staff in a matrix environment
- Demonstrable experience and prior knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for Human Blood & Tissues as well as relevant clinical trial frameworks in one or more of ANZ, US or EU
- Formal training in regulatory affairs, quality management or project management and commercial project and/or alliance management experience will be an advantage
Salary will be commensurate with experience, track record and fit with selection criteria. International applicants are strongly encouraged and relocation support will be available, subject to meeting the requirements for appropriate residency and work permits for Australia.
Offers of employment will be subject to candidates providing a satisfactory National Police Certificate (police check) or equivalent and satisfactory health and vaccination assessments.
To view the position description click here Cell Therapy Specialist Position Description
How to Apply
Applications, including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, key requirements of the role and a current CV should be submitted to:
Anne Downing, Cell Therapies, Ground Floor, 10 St Andrews Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002 or emailed to: email@example.com